Just a heads up that if you open up the D section of this Sunday’s paper and things look unfamiliar, it’s not your mind playing tricks.
We have revamped the section to re-organize features and columns and introduce some new ones.
Here are the highlights:
• We are introducing “Pocono My Ride,” featuring Donna Kessler. Donna’s has been writing about classic cars, car buffs, motorcycles and anything you consider “your ride” for years. Donna will display some of the coolest rides from Pocono readers as well offer a list of events where fans gather to show off their rides.
• We are also introducing “Pocono Wedding Talk.” Lois Heckman, a certified celebrant who officiates at weddings, funerals and other ceremonies, has written a blog by that name for poconorecord.com for years. Here you will get thoughtful, practical advice about planning your special day.
• Your photos are making a return! Readers who want to send us the best of their eye-catching work can send it through poconorecord.com/submitaphoto. We will select the best entries of the week to publish in the Sunday paper.
• We’re moving birth announcements to our “Celebrations” page in Sunday’s D section. The announcements had been customarily appearing on Your Community page on Wednesdays.
• The syndicated service that provided “Harvard Medical” has discontinued the advice column and it will no longer appear.
• Astro-Graph will be relocated on Sundays to page B3. Discontinued will be Gene Weingartner’s “Below the Beltway” column.
• Your other favorite features — Annie’s Mailbox, the Sunday Puzzler, Mr. Know It All, etc. will continue to appear in their customary spots.