Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. That is why so many couples these days are looking for ways to make their ceremony and celebration more personal, unique and meaningful. So today I have a variety of ideas for you… maybe just one of them will be perfect for you. A few small ways to help reflect what your wedding day special, and I’ll bring more ideas in the future, so stay tuned.
- When you walk down the aisle, take a flower from your bouquet and present it to your father, or mother, or whoever is walking with you, or
- Place a flower on an empty chair in honor of someone who is dearly missed.
- Carry a special charm in honor of a loved one
- Instead of a guest registry, create a guest photo book – have a Polaroid camera at the ready and affix them into the book. Guests may, of course, add their comments next to their photos.
- Pass around a blank journal book during the reception and let guests write or draw what they wish.
- Provide some ‘games’ for the reception to get everyone involved. Award prizes for who traveled farthest, who is married the longest, etc. Assign a song to each table – when the band or DJ plays it – the entire table must dance or sing along. This can easily be done using your seating cards.
- Seasonal favor: for spring give live plants, small trees, seeds or bulbs your guests can take home and plant. For fall or winter – give hot cocoa or spiced cider mixes, tuck them into large lovely mugs. A Christmas or holiday ornament for late fall, or small individually wrapped seasonal pies or baked goodies make a great gift that’s sure to please.
- Place tent cards on each table with fun facts about the couple and the families, or questions for discussion at the table (provide answers inside the tent card). Make your guests dinner conversation memorable.
- Welcome children to the wedding reception by providing babysitting and activities for them.